Firm Ranked Among Top 10 Per Cent Of Businesses Nationally
Irwin Mitchell has been recognised for its commitment to Inclusion with a gold award in the latest Stonewall Workplace Equality Index rankings.
The firm has received a gold award from Stonewall for its work on Inclusion and ranked 31st in the Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, its highest position to date. Irwin Mitchell’s internal networking group IM Equal (which champions LGBT+ inclusion) has also been recognised as a highly commended network.
Over 400 businesses took part in the Equality Index this year which assesses eight areas of employment policy and practice to provide insight into how businesses are embedding inclusion and feedback on areas where they can improve.
The insight and advice provided by Stonewall compliments a range of experts and organisations Irwin Mitchell works with to assess its approach to diversity and inclusion including regularly asking the views of its colleagues.
The Gold award builds on other external recognition for the firm’s work on inclusion including:
- Irwin Mitchell has recently been commended for having the highest percentage of female partners in the legal sector out of the top 30 law firms
- Being listed as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Women and for Wellbeing
- Listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2020
- Winner of the Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging category at the 2020 In House Recruitment Awards
- We have achieved Disability Confident Committed status (level 1) and aim to reach Leader status (level 3) by 2023.
Last week Irwin Mitchell was also named as one of the ‘UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing’ by the Great Place to Work Initiative.
Expert Opinion“The Workplace Equality Index is a useful framework for us to view and assess our work. It’s one of the most thorough audits of what is needed to progress a whole host of issues around Diversity & Inclusion, not just LGBT inclusion.
“We work with a number of organisations and experts to develop our responsible business programme, as well as encouraging all of our colleagues to have their say, and we are excited about the progress we are making. We’re proud to be ranked in the top 10 percent of businesses nationally across all sectors but we will continue to listen and learn and hope to improve further to make Irwin Mitchell an even more inclusive employer.” Kate Fergusson - Head of Responsible Business