Kate is a solicitor in our Commercial team. She advises on all areas of commercial contracts, with particular expertise in the media and entertainment and tech sectors. Kate advises both businesses and individuals working in digital media, IT, theatre, publishing, music, TV, and retail.
- Advising an emerging music artist on a 360 deal with a major American label.
- Drafting agreements, negotiating on behalf of, and supporting the general counsel of a major publishing group.
- Negotiating with major brands, film studios, and a €60 billion music multinational on behalf of an influencer management agency.
- Advising a band which rose to prominence in the 70s in respect of their existing library and new tracks.
- Advising an emerging music platform in respect of international licensing and intellectual property.
- Drafting a healthcare collaboration agreement for tech-based services on behalf of a £1 billion charity.
Theatre and Covid-19: a tentative return vs streaming