Ted is a solicitor in our commercial dispute resolution team advising on a range of commercial disputes. He has experience with contractual disputes, insurance disputes, professional negligence claims and company and shareholder disputes.
Ted has a particular focus on the Sports, Media and Entertainment Sector and helps businesses and individuals working in sport, digital media, music, TV and film.
Ted has also featured in The Daily Telegraph and Law In Sport, discussing legal issues in sport.
- Advising a talent agency on a dispute with a model, involving agency, contractual and data protection issues.
- Acting for an international rugby player on a dispute with a premiership rugby club and his departure.
- Reviewing and advising on a national sporting associations' membership policies.
- Representing a private investor in a professional negligence claim against their financial advisor.
- Advising multiple businesses on business interruption insurance claims against a range of insurers, in relation to loss caused by COVID-19.
- Advising an individual in relation to a life insurance dispute against a multi-national insurance company.
The Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize, 2018, The University of Surrey
Political Protests In Sport – Athletes’ Rights And Duties At Tokyo 2020 Olympics
Cardiac conditions in sport – Tackling professional sports clubs’ and governing bodies’ key duties
Football fans’ fury as Uefa plans to block Euro 2020 refunds
Brexit and professional football - tackling the new points based system
Sport and technology – the formation of potential claims
Business Interruption Insurance: an unexpected judgment
Influencer Marketing Horizon Scanning – Navigating change and understanding the key legal issues