Jenny has extensive experience of advising employers of all sizes. She provides strategic HR and employment law advice to clients on all aspects including redundancy and restructuring programmes, disciplinary and grievance issues, absence and performance management, contractual changes, discrimination, TUPE and restrictive covenants. She has experience of working within a range of sectors including education.
- Conducted an audit for board of directors on a category of workers for whom their employment status was a key issue and national minimum wage issues.
- Advising a client whose business is reliant on tendering for services in the public sector on the employment law implications of making changes to terms and conditions of employment including changes to previously inherited TUPE terms.
- Successfully defending a Tribunal claim brought, with union support, by a group of claimants (existing employees) who challenged the respondent’s attempts to change terms and conditions.
- Advising a client on a site closure and collective consultation obligations, including election of representatives and practical difficulties of needing to urgently proceed with consultations for redeployment against the requirements of collective consultation over a minimum 30 day period.
- Advice on the enforceability of restrictive covenants to senior executives who faced threats of litigation by their former employer and also to companies which were asserting that breaches to restrictions had occurred by former employees.
- Defending a Tribunal claim for substantial amount of backdated holiday and claims for disability discrimination following a TUPE transfer and an employee who was employed but not known to the transferee (client). Technical arguments as to why the duty to make reasonable adjustments had not arisen.
"Glenn Hayes and Jenny Arrowsmith are outstanding. Both have supported on some really complex and long-running cases and the support they give to the HR team, and Managers in helping them navigate the legal processes is really valuable and valued. Their approach goes beyond advice to supporting and explaining to ensure people feel as comfortable as they can dealing with the issues at hand. They also take the time to think through and advise on case strategies and tactics, which to a busy HR team is really helpful." - Legal 500, 2022
"We have been provided with excellent service by Jenny Arrowsmith and her team for a number of years. We trust Jenny and the team and value their contributions to the success of our trust." - Legal 500, 2021
"Jenny understands her clients and doesn't just respond to points of law (although she also does this very effectively)." – Legal 500, 2020
Jenny qualified as a solicitor in 2002.